Aspiritech AREA Summer Internship Program
THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE
Aspiritech is offering an academy program to expand our training and employment model for youth with autism. The academy allows autistic youth to develop their employability and leadership skills through virtual education and training with the goal of being hired to work remotely for Aspiritech or at other companies.
The summer program launching July 10 aims to help autistic youth gain a basic understanding of QA by learning QA fundamental knowledge and developing basic QA testing skills. It also provides an opportunity to learn critical soft skills that can lead to successful employment. Interns will gain valuable applied knowledge in QA. This can help determine whether QA work aligns with your career interests, abilities, and goals.
- The 6-week remote summer program begins Monday, July 10
- Introductory training curriculum in QA testing and soft skills development
- Weekly one-hour virtual class, self-paced eLearning with hands-on action items, required and optional readings, online discussion forums, as well as access to Slack/Email for questions to the trainer
- About 5-10 hours of study work each week
- Weekly guest speakers from Aspiritech Management, Operations, IT, and Employee Support
- Training/learning tools: Aspiritech Learning Management System, Google Workspace and Classroom, Slack, and TestRail
- Deadline to apply is by 5 p.m. Monday, May 1st. Interviews will be conducted in May.
- All applicants will hear of a decision by May 31st.
- The internship will kick off Monday, July 10, lasting six weeks.
- If you applied in the past, you will need to reapply for this year’s program.
Aspiritech’s mission is to empower individuals on the autism spectrum to fulfill their potential through meaningful employment combined with social opportunity. We are working together for a world that embraces neurodiversity by valuing talents, overcoming challenges, and welcoming differences.
Each team member is provided with an employment support specialist in the office or virtually. Support provided varies based on the individual and is focused on empowering team members to perform work functions to the best of their ability by identifying reasonable work accommodations, assistance with solving work-related issues, and providing supportive tools to assist with focus/productivity are just some examples on how employment support specialists help Aspiritech employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Computer Literacy – Familiarity with and ability to use
- Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems
- Mobile devices (Android and iPhone)
- Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, and Safari) on desktops and mobile devices
- Google Suite
- Work Ethic
- Arrive to work on time and be ready to work as scheduled
- Update scheduling tool and alert Supervisor of schedule changes
- Follow Aspiritech’s ~5-minute rule: Spend a few minutes trying to figure something out before asking for clarification or guidance (i.e., be resourceful). Don’t spend more than ~5 minutes trying to figure something out before asking for help (i.e., don’t spin your wheels).
- Ability to follow written instructions without significant coaching and support
- Successful completion of Aspiritech’s New Hire Training upon a contingent offer of employment
We thank Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation (MEAF) for their partnership in Aspiritech’s Remote Employment Academy (AREA) Program.