Opportunities at Aspiritech
We are currently accepting applicants for our waitlist.
- Be diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome / Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Be able to commute to Aspiritech's office in Highland Park, Illinois
- Be willing to work for at least 20 hours a week
- Be able to work independently
Qualities of a successful QA Analyst include:
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to approach problems creatively and think "outside the box"
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well acquainted with, and an avid user of technology
- Dedication to continuous learning, quality work, self-development and providing best-in-class service to Aspiritech clients
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Strong observational skills, an attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
If the above sounds like you, please complete an application at:
Working at Aspiritech: FAQ
1) What is the prerequisite education or experience that a person needs for the Aspiritech training program?
Aspiritech was built to meet the employment needs of individuals with Asperger's syndrome/Autism Spectrum Disorder. While we highly value college coursework or relevant experience, we do not set out specific requirements and instead look for individuals with the qualities identified above (see Qualities of a successful QA Analyst.)
2) How much does the training cost? What does the training program entail? How are trainees selected for the program?
Training is provided at no cost. The training program consists of two parts-
a) Two weeks of instruction in the basics of quality assurance (QA): Monday-Friday, 9 am - 3 pm
b) On-the-job training
The training period is also a time for the candidate to decide whether this type of work is a good fit for him/her and for Aspiritech to assess whether the candidate is a good fit for our team. While most candidates who successfully complete training will be hired by Aspiritech, the completion of the program does not guarantee employment.
To be considered for the training program, candidates start by completing our online application. Qualified candidates will be invited for an in-person interview and given a short series of assessments for evaluation. Trainees will be selected based on their experience, skills, interview, assessments and references.
3) What type of support does Aspiritech offer to staff?
Aspiritech employs a small, dedicated team to provide guidance and workplace support. Aspiritech does not offer 1-on-1 job coaching. Employees are expected to be 90-95% independent, needing only very limited support. However, our accommodating and understanding environment (including a sensory break-room, fidget cubes, etc.) is designed to help alleviate stress. We also provide social and team building activities through our Stepping Up & Out program.
4) Can people work remotely (from home) for Aspiritech?
Due to security concerns and hardware requirements, we cannot offer a work-from-home option.
5) Does completion of the training program guarantee full-time employment at Aspiritech?
Most trainees who successfully complete training will join Aspiritech as part-time (Jr.) QA Analysts. As a service provider, we are dependent on our clients for work. Over the past two years, our client base has grown and we have been increasingly able to offer those employees who are able to work across a variety of projects as many hours as they want.